Monday, October 16, 2006

Trainings


Versión en Español más abajo

During the months of July until the end of September (3 months) I have been training desperately to try to complete the Ironman Florida. The ideal was or is to have a training of some 23 weeks but due to some injuries (tendonitis right knee and stress fracture in my tibia) I couldn’t begin before. Now, I’m in the process of tapering and it’s a matter of lowering the quantity of exercise to maintain the form until the day of the competition, November 4. Up to now the best part.

I always wanted to post the weekly training that I was incurring, but because of time I never wrote. I regretted now since it could have been a good memory, but I will use this post for at least mentioning a typical week of training.

They were difficult months, but the summer in the United States helped a lot. The day had light and good temperatures since 5:30AM until 9:00PM, and thus, I could take advantage of long sessions of exercise. In general, I trained some 2 or 3 hours during the weekdays, and some 10 or 12 hours during weekends. These times varied depending on my body, state of mind, work, and parties (not many), I tried that this doesn’t happens often, since the weekend was the most important training, and always I read, that it was better to lose a day of the week than a day of the weekend.

I’m very lucky that I never slept a lot to recover from a hangover, or simply from the day by day, so I believe that helps me a lot. But, after I began to see my acupuncturist, and having needles everywhere, in order to recover from my injuries and also to get some more sleep, I started to need more that 6 hours of rest, if not I felt/feel tired. The truth is that it works, and in fact I rest a lot better.

The best from the training is to begin to create the base, and later to increase the distances in order to have or create the resistance. This also depends on each person, on how you recover from one day to the other, and from the competitions that are done during the training.

Well, it is time to comment the typical week. I could never use a heart rate monitor to train, since I was always excited, so I wasn’t able to continue those trainings that tell you to maintain a rhythm or to be at a specific zone X or Y.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger El Pollo said...

tremenda foto Guillo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home